Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Learning to Pray

First, Kris' message for the day is -- "the toilet paper thing is really hard".

Prayer is a relationship, not just a religious activity. My kids fight over who gets to pray yet as adults we forget to pray. We forget to fight for our time with God.

Today we go to the dump and today we may learn to pray as we see a lifestyle that is so foreign to us. Please pray as we enter into a place that is depressed and heart wrenching. May we learn to pray and see people as eternal beings, loved by God and created for a grand purpose. May we be His hands and feet.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I will be praying for you and this experience today. I'm sure it will be a memorable one.

by the way....I could've done WITHOUT the gecko and tarantula knowledge. I'm FREAKING OUT!

Shannon - team 2

Anonymous said...

Today will be one of those days that you will remember always. We will be anxious to hear all about it.

Mama Blais' message for the day is --- 'Kris has always had toilet paper issues!'

Prayers coming your way.....

Shannon said...

Val,
Thanks for the reassurance. I REALLY did need that! I'll see about bringing our laptop. Todd's not crazy about the idea. Hey, I want to bring it just so we can watch a movie on the plane! (Yes, I know...how very american of me!)
Do you feel like it's really safe and secure where we end up leaving it?

Summit View Church said...

I want to say to everyone on Team 2 that we have not felt at all in danger. Nicaragua is a beautiful yet poor country but the people are so generous. Of course FEI has made our stay wonderful. The home we are in has been wonderful oasis. It is very safe and secure -- showers, wireless internet, tv, laundry and a dog named Spike. Even today in La Chureca we did not feel in danger. Sad and depressed yes, in danger no. We are tired but in a "we put in a hard days work" kind of way. And the only sicknesses we have had are related to the heat and our malaria pills (take the once a week ones at night in our experience). Very little bugs, very little discomfort to be honest.

Anonymous said...

Equipo Uno, Divanament Padre hacemos Tus manos de compasion a la gente La Chureca. I hope this prayer means Team One, Heavenly Father make them your hand of mercy to the people of La Chureca. I am so proud of you all and can't wait to hear your stories in person. God bless you all, Bruce Dillon