Friday, January 25, 2008

Kris Blais' Prayer...

Why? Why God? Why did we just spend the day falling in love with children, only to let them go back to "Hell on Earth" at the end of the day? Why did a beautiful and perfect day end in tears? Why? I think I know how you feel God. I think I know how you feel every time you have to let your children go. Wendy is a part of me now. Her smile, her eyes... they are embedded in my mind and in my heart. God please hurry. Please hurry and rescue them before the enemy gets them. I saw the enemy when we pulled into La Chureca tonight. Through the flames I saw children sifting thru garbage looking for clothes and food. I saw what the enemy did to an elderly man... he showed me burns and disease on his arms, legs and back. How can I help these people God? I know you're working... but how can I help? What can I do? Please save them.

Today was moving. We took 18 kids from La Chureca to the beach. We had a cabana all to ourselves, horses to ride and an ATV. We played in the water, ate together, and experienced joy together. I fell in love with these kids today. I think that's what God wanted. God wanted me to fall in love with them. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have felt anything when we dropped them off. Falling in love with those kids made it so that when I am called to do something to help them... I will do it with all of my heart, all of my soul and all of my strength. God I want to help these kids. Thank you so much for everything God. Thank you for the struggle of letting go. Thank you for the bus ride back where Wendy slept in my arms. Judy said to hold her tight because that could be the last time she is safe in a man's arms... unfortunately she was right. Thank you for delivering those kids from hell, even if just for a day. Thank you for giving them and us hope. Thank you for your Grace, your mercy, and your love. Please God, deliver those kids from La Chureca. Deliver them from the enemy's grasp. I pray that images and memories of today, and this week, will not fade like photographs. I pray that they will stay burned in our minds and in our hearts... so that we might act when you prompt us, that we may seek you in order to help them, and that we can join in your efforts to save these people. I love you God, and I saw your love today. Thank you.

PS... Val will write later.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The story about holding the little girl on the bus is very touching, thank you for sharing. It is amazing how simple things like that mean the world to them. I pray for safe travels of everyone going back and forth Nicaragua and the States this weekend, and of course, for my momma Julie and the few that will remain there while waiting.

Donna said...

The pictures are incredible and the stories are amazing. What a blessing you all have been to so many. And what a blessing God has given each of you. The story of the little girl on the bus and then the picture of Kris sleeping with her in his arms brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart!

I know team 2 will have equal blessings.

We are praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Krissy, (Kris Blais)
You have so much love to give and the world is a better place because of you.
These pictures are breath taking and will tell of this incredible journey for years to come. Although they tell so much they probably just scratch the surface of the experiences you have had this past week.

I love you, and am proud of you.