Saturday, January 26, 2008

Adios team 1!


And then there were 3. Team one just left about an hour ago. This house feels so empty without them. I can actually walk into a room and be alone.

Team 1... we just want to let you know that it was an absolute pleasure and honor to serve with you in Nicaragua. Each and everyone of you touched someone's life this past week. Whether that be a little girl in La Chureca, the family we stayed with, or one of our team members, you impacted someone's life. This week was an emotional roller coaster for a lot of us. From the laughs, normally inspired by Glenn's accidental comedy (encantado Glenn!) to the low's of weeping as we pulled out of La Chureca last night, it was an amazing week.

We've come to love you all so much. Your hearts inspire us, and we are blessed to know you.

Remember the feelings you had and the things you saw as you arrive home and dive back into your normal, everyday lives. We may not be able to save these children, but God can. As I heard it said many times this week, "We are the hands and feet of God's plan." Without him (God) we can't, without you he won't.

We hope that you won't let yourselves be consumed and distracted by the busyness of home. We pray that you rise up against the enemy. He wants you to forget what you saw here. Don't. He wants you to go right back into routine. Don't. He will use people very close to you to extinguish the feelings you have in your heart. Rise against him. Stand together and fight. Pray that you will be able to see when the enemy is plotting against you, and then turn to God for strength and direction.

You are all amazing. Your heart is good. I knew that coming here last week. But you showed it time and time again. Thank you for inspiring us. Thank you for loving us.

You're in our prayers.

Love,

David, Julie and Kris

3 comments:

Valerie said...

We were so blessed to have you guys on our team and we look forward to hearing of your adventures with the next team. We love you guys. Thanks for letting us serve with you.

Oh and Kris -- if you can could you get a big bag of those cashews for me and Rick -- those were YUMMY.
You are awesome --adios!

Anonymous said...

Just a summitview-ian who wanted to stop in and say I'm praying for you all. I can wait to hear all the stories and to see the ways God has used this experience to change your lives.

I love all the pics. They are beautiful. They break my heart and bring hope to my heart at the same time. You are making a difference.

And Julie, I miss you, I'm praying for you! Come home safe, we still need to go to the zoo again! Love you.

~Alyssa

Anonymous said...

The first few days back were tough. I don't know if I have ever felt such a sense of dispair as I felt on Monday after getting back home. I talked some with Rick Hooks and Glenn Miller about it. Apparently several of team 1, if not everyone has struggled in some way. It's been one week since we dropped the kids off at "Gehenna" (Hell) after the day at the beach. Lord, thank you for opening my eyes!

Terry G.