Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thank you

Before this blog winds down for a season I want to say “thank you” to all of those who supported our teams to Nicaragua through donations and prayers. You may not have physically been with us but your spiritual and financial support encouraged, fed, protected, clothed and witnessed, to not only the team members, but also Gloria and Wilburt, Susie, the children and families of La Chureca and many other voiceless strangers who felt and will continue to feel and hear about the love of God through your prayers and donations.

As I continue to reflect on Nicaragua and what I learned I have come to realize that as an American I have two great blessings: freedom of religion and financial blessings. Two blessings that I take for granted. Nicaragua has opened my eyes to the privilege of being able to a part of God's work because I can pray and because I can give. I can only imagine the thrill of meeting people in Heaven I don't even know because I was able to pray and support people like Gloria, Wilburt, Janell, Dan and Susie and organizations like Forward Edge who serve God faithfully and share the Gospel with hurting and lost souls. The many blessings that have been poured out on me and my family are meant to be shared. God doesn't need me. The God who created the universe has the whole world in His hands and He can carry out His perfect plans without me. But what a privilege to be invited by God to join in His work and be a part of the soul harvest in Nicaragua and beyond!

You all, strangers and friends, have been a part of that – so thank you for sharing this experience with us and being privileged givers who have joined God's call.

Val

Psalm 113
(The Message)

Hallelujah! You who serve God, praise God!
Just to speak his name is praise!
Just to remember God is a blessing—
now and tomorrow and always.
From east to west, from dawn to dusk,
keep lifting all your praises to God!
God is higher than anything and anyone,
outshining everything you can see in the skies.
Who can compare with God, our God,
so majestically enthroned,
Surveying his magnificent
heavens and earth?
He picks up the poor from out of the dirt,
rescues the wretched who've been thrown out with the trash,
Seats them among the honored guests,
a place of honor among the brightest and best.
He gives childless couples a family,
gives them joy as the parents of children.
Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Team 2 made it home! Yeah! Blessings to you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Val, Shannon and Kris for your inspirational blogs. You are right. We are so incredibly blessed by our circumstances, but even more so to be able to freely accept God's invitation to join him in his works. What a mighty God we serve! I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve with each team member that the Lord orchestrated to be in our midst. He wove our lives together. It is exciting to see how God will use us.

Anonymous said...

Please pray for Judy -- she is really sick and hasn't been able to keep anything down for 2 days.