Friday, February 1, 2008

Please pray for Nancy


Hi Friends. First of all, thank you all so much for all of your support and prayers over the last few months. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for all of the Love you've shown me. I'm leaving tomorrow, in about 12 hours I'm leaving for the airport and I have to admit, it's bittersweet. A lot of me doesn't want to leave (as you all know) but part of me knows I have to. I've been touched by a lot of people here and I want nothing more than to continue to help them in anyways I can.

One of these people is a little princess named Nancy. Nancy is about a year old. She was found in a gutter, under a plastic bag. Nancy has suffered severe brain damage. Whether that was from being abandoned or the reason she was abandoned, no one knows. All I know is that I fell in love with this little girl. I had several opportunities to visit her, love her and be loved by her. I experienced joy with this little girl. How can someone just throw her away?

Today, I received some bad news. I was talking about how I would love to take Nancy home with me, with Chris Bagwell, founder of Vida Nueva. During our conversation she informed me that the Ministry of Family (Family Services down here) wants to move her to another orphanage. They are under the impression that Vida Nueva is not meeting her special needs. This is devastating. Vida Nueva is the best orphanage in the area. Ultimately the best solution is for Nancy to be adopted. If I could, I would in a heart beat.

My request is that everyone will pray for Nancy. I know that God doesn't want me to have this child. But I know God let me fall in love with her for a reason. Please pray that a family will find Nancy and love her as much as I do. Yes this little girl is special needs... but the thing she needs most is love. Just pray that someone will adopt her. Someone will find joy in her as I have. Pray that someone will love her the way I wish I could.

Thank you again for your love, support, and prayers. See y'all tomorrow.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very touching pictures, and I am so happy that you could bless Nancy's life in the short time that you have had with her. I will pray for her and that she finds a loving and nurturing home.

Safe journeys, can't wait to see my momma tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Kris -- I am saddened to hear of Nancy's potential future. She is in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that she had a little more time with you and a little more love.

Have a safe journey home. Let's get together and talk about the book.

Just a little side note on going through the Managuan airport. Don't put anything you may have doubts about in your carry on. The team will go through one screening and then before you board the plane they search your carry on bags by hand. They took our water that we bought at a shop at the gate and they took a toy sling shot from a lady next to us. Just a heads up. It would be frustrating to lose something you bought.

Iceman said...

Wingman,
.... The pictures are touching and pierce my heart. I am left without words. Your love is so overwhelming for these kids. Come home safe see you in a couple of weeks. Take Val's advice and be careful of what you bring on the plane. Safe travels... I'm praying for all of you.

T.E. -Your turn to read the CD

Anonymous said...

Kristopher, so before I even got home this evening I received calls warning me about your most recent blog and to be prepared for my heart to break. I don't even know what to say son. One thing is for sure....those pictures of you and princess Nancy are the best pictures of you I've ever seen. It must be because of the love that is pouring out of you. I love you son and I will be here ready to listen when you get home.

Travel safely tomorrow team 2. Each of you have touched many people this past week and in return I know each of you have been blessed.

Love to everyone.