Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A New Team A New Adventure

Today we leave for a 10 day trip to Nica. We will be flying out tonight to Managua and then in six days moving on to the East Coast of Nica to spend four days there. Our goal at the Villa in Managua is to put in a aquaponics system that will help bring income and food to the Villa. It's been challenging to get this project organized and all the system parts placed in luggage so it's been hard to remember that God has it all worked out.

Please be praying for the team as we leave on a new adventure. While many of us have been to Nica before it still can be stressful to prepare for and every journey is different. We desire to do God's will and pray that we will be flexible enough to do whatever He throws our way.

7 comments:

Kara said...

I so badly wish I was with you all! Even after two years, Nicaragua has a special place in my heart.

Julie -- If you guys go to the orphanage, can you look for a little boy named Mario? He was 3 months old when I was there in Jan of 2008, so he should be about 2 and 1/2 now. If you see him, can you take a picture for me? I'd love to see how he's grown.

I hope you all have a marvelous time and my prayers are with you.

Amy Dixon said...

I am the same way, Kara. Nica grabs a hold of the heart and DOES NOT let go.

mjeller said...

Blessings from Indiana. I was part of the first team in Jan 2008. It is exciting to know that Summit View is continuing to support the mission work in Nicaragua. Good luck with your new project! I was in Nica again in Sept 2009 and was able to see the ongoing blessings of our "construction" efforts. What a life-changing experience. I am sure Susie will share the story of Suzanne, my daughter and the gecko with everyone. Just remember to keep your eyes focus upward. Be Blessed ! Marcia

Maria Barta said...

Prayers for you all for a safe trip to & from in your Nicaraqua missions trip. May God Bless you everyday on how you are working through Him to show others his love.
Special Message to Julie & Anita, I Love You & Am so PROUD of you both!! Can't wait to hear your stories of miracles when you get back. Keep strong & remember to call upon Jesus when it gets stuff. Love ya!!!

Shannon D said...

Praying that you guys are having a fun time and a meaningful time in Nica! Praying for safety, and that all the details get worked out by God!

Hey Larissa....Love you!

Unknown said...

I just received word from FEI that the internet has been down at the Villa and surrounding area. The cable internet company has been trying to repair it, bit no luck yet.

Summit View Church said...

Kara - Mario was adopted out to a great family Susie said. Thanks for checking in. We had a wonderful time. ~ Val